Skip to content
Lake Louise: You're in the front row at Mother Nature's show
Lake Louise, in beautiful Banff National Park is legendary for iconic lakes, stunning mountain landscapes and unparalleled mountain adventures.
Lake Louise is for those seeking the grandest and purest of mountain experiences. It is a special place to connect with nature and the Canadian Rockies landscapes.
What you need to know about Lake Louise
- It’s small – 1,050 people
- It’s big on hiking, skiing, canoeing, and wildlife
- It’s 2 hrs from Calgary International Airport
- Elevation is 1600 metres / 5250 feet
- The average summer temperature is 20C/68F
- The average winter temperature is -9C/16F
- Weather changes quickly so wear layers and protective jackets
- Summertime Lake Louise shoreline and Moraine Lake are very busy. The earlier in the day you visit, the better.
- Head up to Lake Louise Summer Gondola to catch the shuttle to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake Shuttle