Are you planning a trip to Banff National Park and hoping to capture that perfect Instagram shot of a glacier blue lake surrounded by the majestic Rockies? You’ll want to make sure you think about everything involved for your adventure so it can be hassle-free and can truly be the fulfilling and exciting experience you’re dreaming of.
👉 Keep in mind that Lake Louise and Moraine Lake are extremely popular during peak season and parking lots and shuttle buses fill up before sunrise. If you're looking for a more flexible and peaceful experience, we strongly recommend you consider visiting one of these other stunning lakes instead.
Instead, you might want to consider visiting one of the many stunning lakes in the park beyond the popular Lake Louise and Moraine Lake.
Why? These pros outweigh the cons of a frustrating and disappointing experience trying to get to an overcrowded tourist destination:
- You don’t need to pay or line up for a shuttle.
- You can drive right up and park in the parking lot right beside gorgeous, pristine waters.
- Spread out and enjoy a leisurely picnic, wander around the shoreline, and head out on a canoe, kayak, or stand up paddleboard.
- You can still achieve that priceless photo of a glacier blue lake, encompassed by the majestic Rockies.
- All this without droves of people milling around with cameras everywhere.