ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Hosted by The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, this 34-hour competition is the most anticipated spectacle of the Festival. The competition sees professional ice carvers work in teams of two to sculpt towering one-of-a-kind works of art from imposing blocks of solid ice on the shores of Lake Louise. With each ice block weighing a daunting 300 lbs, this exceptional art form involves grueling physical labour in a delicate balancing act with precision artistry.
The competition takes place at the beginning of this two-week-long festival, but you can see the completed works until they melt!
January 26 - 27: View the carvers in action as they create ice sculptures for the 2024 Ice Magic Competition.
January 28: Award Ceremony announcing the 2024 Ice Magic Competition winners plus a live carving demonstration.
February 2 - 4: View the completed ice sculptures and witness live carving demonstrations.
The ice sculptures will last well beyond the end of the festival. Book the Mountaineer Lodge Ice Magic Package all the way until March 14th to view the incredible works of art.
When you book at the Mountaineer Lodge, you get free tickets (read below) for access to Ice Magic Festival.
Tickets will become available to the public on December 12, but if you're staying at the Mountaineer Lodge during either weekend, you'll get special early access.
***Please note ***
- Tickets must be booked in advance through the exclusive online box office.
- There is no charge for tickets if you are a confirmed guest at the Mountaineer Lodge for Ice Magic.
- The exclusive booking link, with your exclusive promotion code and details for early access to the tickets, will be included in your hotel confirmation email.
TRANSPORTATION on January 26-27 and February 2-4
Guests staying at the Mountaineer Lodge can book a seat on the complimentary shuttle provided from dedicated pick up points.
Mountaineer lodge shuttle pick up times:
Returns depart from the Ice Magic site from 11:20 to 15:18, stopping first at the Lake Louise Inn, Samson Mall, then Mountaineer Lodge.
MAKE THE MOST OF IT
- The best photos are taken in the evening, under the light of the night sky and when the sculptures are lit up. - Dress for winter with lots of layers, mitts, scarves, and hats so you can enjoy it as long as you like
- After visiting the carvings and strolling around, stop in at the Lakeview Lounge at the Chateau Lake Louise for a warm-up appetizer and hot toddy.
- Bring your skates, or rent them from Wilson Mountain Sports, so you can skate around the iconic ice castle built near the shoreline of Lake Louise.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATIONS
Mountaineer Lodge guests get free access to a special viewing time between 10 am to 2 pm on January 26-27 and February 2-4 with a free shuttle leaving right from our doorstep. Book the Ice Magic Package and take 15% off your stay plus some essential winter goodies to elevate your stay.